Monday, September 17, 2007

Publish Your Blog!...Blog2Print


Some of you might have spotted this neat little widget that appeared on my sidebar a short while ago. Gwen, my publisher at Dragon Moon Press put me onto it and I think it's a blast! It's one of Blogger's newest--and neatest--toys: a way to turn blog posts into a printed book with a single click (oh, and for a little fee, of course!). It's pretty new and Blogger says that additional compatability with other platforms will become available later this year. Check it out on your own blog. Tell your friends or readers.

5 comments:

Nina Munteanu said...

Actually, I just found out that it's currently compatable with other platforms like wordpress and typepad. You you folks can play too!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Sounds good. I should have guessed they would charge for it!

Ann Manby said...

Hi, I work for SharedBook, the company that built the Blog2Print widget. It is currently only compatible with the Blogger platform, but we are working to become compatible with other blogging platforms. Glad to hear you like it!

Nina Munteanu said...

Okay, there you go. I stand corrected by the one who built it! Thanks, Ann!

Libdrone said...

I looked into the shared book website and even briefly put the widget on my own blog, but have a some concern:

The price that's prominently mentioned 19.95 softcover/24.95 hardbound if for a book of up to 20 pages. each additional page ups the price by a dollar and there is a limit of 200 pages (and if my math is correct that 200 softcover page book would have a retail of $109.95)

much as we all might hope people would love our blog posts enough to want to preserve them in a bound book, the market for over 100 dollar paperbacks can not be very large