Monday, December 31, 2007

Late Christmas Present


Your Merry Christmas may depend on what others do for you. But your Happy New Year depends on what you do for others—anonymous (originally posted on NoDirectOn)

On December 25, I got a Christmas present I didn’t realize I’d gotten until today, when I checked Technorati for news…So, here I am thanking Jos at NoDirectOn for a lovely award, the “You Rock My Socks, Mr. Present

Here’s how Jos explains it: “Jon of El Gigante Verdoso presented me with the "You Rock My Socks Award", and Ann of A Nice Place In The Sun invited me over to pick a Christmas Tree Gift from her page. From Ann's selection, I have chosen "Mr. Present", as he seems to be crammed with lots of nice little gift-wrapped items, and can be used all year through, not just for Christmas… In the past year I have come across, and have started to enjoy, your blogs. I have met most of you also in blogging communities, or at occasions were awards were passed on, or were some serious LinkLOve was shared. Thank you all for sharing what you did, on your blogs, in comments, in community messages. Your blogs do encourage, year round, the same energetic and imaginative sense of wonder that is apparent throughout the Christmas season. Make Blogs – Not War! Thank you all! You Rock My Socks!”

His instructions are simply this: "If it's your turn to choose one, two, or all three of these gifts to adopt, and decide to pass them on, please pass them to the most magical and imaginative blogs on the internet. Blogs that encourage, year round, the same energetic and imaginative sense of wonder that is apparent throughout the Christmas season." (Mr. Present idea from Ann of A Nice Place in the Sun).

Soon after, I received another wonderful award from Drowsey Monkey, one I could really relate to: the Mad Skillz Award! Drowsey Monkey got the award from Olga, the Traveling Bra. It was originated at Mommified Me who designed it "to honour those who are really good at some crazy things." This is why Drowsey Monkey gave me this award: "for her MAD SKILLZ at sci-fi. Her blog is always an excellent and thought-provoking read!" Gee.... (embarrassed but beaming smile)...

And, then on Sunday, December 30, I had the honor of being included in a list of very impressive bloggers by Jos again at Blue Ribbon Bloggers! for the blogging buddies award. Thank you so much, Jos, for this wonderful award and what it represents!

Jos ended with these inspiring words, which I will aspire to: “I hope the new year will bring just as many fun, interesting, thought-provoking, warm and inspirational blog posts, to and from each of you, and just as many nice comments, tips and suggestions, as we all have seen in the past year.”
So, here are my choices for the blogging buddy award:
I could name so many more...But it's getting late and I must stop. There are so many of you! Not to worry... there are more coming... :)


I’ll end with the same comment I made to Jos’s wonderful post:

…The very best to you and yours in the new year. May it be full of the magic and wonder and surprise that makes us so very much alive.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on the awards! They look well deserved.

The very best to you and yours in the new year, too! I hope that 2008 is a great one for you!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You're so cool in giving me this Award. I would give you this as well if you didn't already have it! We well and truly are blogging buddies!

Everytime I go over the the blogging buddy site the letters vanish!

Have an absolutely wonderful New Year, my friend!

josh said...

I just got a late x-mas present (to myself) - my copy of Darwin's Paradox finally arrived :-D

I know what I'm doing next weekend.

SpacerGuy said...

Happy New Year Nina. You words of encouragement are a wellspring of inspiration for me.

Nina Munteanu said...

Thanks, Julie for the well wishes. Back at you, girl!
Jean-Luc...what can I say...I consider you a very special friend and feel honored to have met you.
Josh: Thanks so much for getting my book! Hope you enjoy it, friend!
Spacerguy...You too are an inspiration and thanks for your kind words...
I wish you all a great 2008, one full of wonderful surprises!

MYM said...

Yes congrats! Well deserved!!! :)

Nina Munteanu said...

Thanks, Drowsey!